The world has lost one-third of its forest. In Fact, a study says that Deforestation is responsible for an estimated 5 billion tons, or 17 per cent, of annual global carbon emissions apart from soil erosion and biodiversity loss. Whereas afforestation is highly beneficial as they remove vast amounts of carbon from the air. Tropical forests alone store one-quarter of a trillion tons of carbon, according to the World Wildlife Fund (WWF). Moreover, forests generate oxygen, make air and water cleaner and cooler and house 80 per cent of our terrestrial biodiversity. Hence, no wonder why afforestation is gaining fame these days.
Miyawaki Method of creating forests has significant benefits over traditional forestry methods, particularly in urban environments. The Miyawaki method is named after famous Japanese botanist, Akira Miyawaki, who was into phytosociology. In conventional afforestation techniques, 1 meter of growth per year is considered the norm. In the Miyawaki method, trees grow about 10 times faster.
What is Miyawaki forest?
Miyawaki forests grow in two to three years, are self-sustainable, create carbon sinks and attract local birds and insects. “The method includes the planting of diverse native species, thereby bringing in more biodiversity in comparison to monoclonal plantations,” Mohan Chandra Pargaien, an IFS officer based in Telangana, said.
The plants are planted close to each other so that the greens receive sunlight only from the top and grow upwards rather than sideways and are very dense.
Mini Miyawaki Forest in Triguna Country Homes:
Triguna Country Homes is a gated farm plot community near Bangalore, which offers farmplot measuring ¼ acre to 1 acre. With each plot, owners get a full-fledged miyawaki forest measuring 1500 sq. ft. having around 450 native plants. These include 2-3 of the following trees: Mahogany, Sandalwood, Teakwood, Guava, Jamoon, Chikoo, Jackfruit, Lemon, Coconut, Banana, Kadamba, Bougainvillea plants and many more. All are very popular and beneficial, in terms of health and monetary values. Lets get to understand few of them :
1) Mahogany Trees:
With exemplary financial and Medical benefits this tree is semi-evergreen, fine, straight, and even grain wood. The tree is beneficial with all its parts be it wood, leaves, stems or seeds. The benefits include:
- It is the first choice for boat making due to its water-resistant capacity. These boats easily survive more than 100 years.
- The leaves are known for its curative properties in Blood Pressure, asthma, cold and even diabetes and cancer.
- Due its unique smell, the oil of its leaves and seeds is used to make mosquito repellents and insecticides
- Its seeds and flowers are used to make potency medicines.
- Its wood is available in bulk Rs 2000 to 2200 per cubic feet while the seeds are sold up to one thousand rupees per kg
2) Sandalwood Trees:
In India, Sandalwood tree has spiritual uses apart from medicinal, cosmetic and financial benefits. This is an aromatic evergreen tree with a hefty, yellow and fine-grained wood which is an integral part of perfumes and fragrances. Being the Second costliest wood in the world, its unique properties are highly admired in ancient medicines. Its spiritual significance is said to bring devotees closer to god. The therapeutic benefits of sandalwood trees include:
- Mind and body relaxation
- Soothes urinary system
- Works a disinfectant
- Increases concentration by keeping brain cool and relaxed, hence improves memory
- Prevents spasms
- Works as an astringent for the skin
3) Teakwood Trees:
Teakwood is of attractive deep brown colour and is hard, valued for its durability, fine-grained, and resistant to decay if exposed to moisture. When freshly milled, it smells like leather. It is known a noble wood for a reason. The color and the texture, aroma and aura of the teak wood type make it appear exceptionally royal.
- It’s an exceptional choice for furniture making due to its durability, resistance to termites and weather and also it is known as the best carving wood. It is low maintenance and pocket friendly.
- It is used for boat building again because of the quality mentioned above.
- Supports hair growth and acts as an anti-inflammatory agent for the skin.
- Helps in overcoming anemia
- Teak leaves can be used for treating haemoptysis.
- Roots of the teak plant can be decocted and used for treating anuria.
- Treats headaches and Gastrointestinal Disorders
Bougainvillea is Drought- and sun-tolerant, thorny, evergreen vines and symbolizes passion and beauty. Apart from being colorful and adding aesthetics to your surroundings, these cute paper-like bracts surrounding tiny white flowers have many medicinal uses. It is even eaten raw in some parts of the world, like Thailand. Research shows that bougainvillea contains compounds flavonoids, saponins and pinitol. Bougainvillea plants’ medicinal properties may include:
In India, the Kadamba tree has been used in Ayurvedic Medicine for ages. Found in South Asia, this tree, also known as the Bur-flower tree, is a large evergreen tree. Some of its amazing health benefits include
- Reducing Blood sugar level
- Wound contraction with increased tensile strength and decreased scar visibility.
- Relieving Pain
- Antibacterial And Antifungal Agent
- Extracts of the kadamba tree are beneficial for the improvement of liver health.
- Reduces High-Fat Levels
- Kadamba produces a kind of antitumor activity that is used in the management of several forms of cancer and also limits the growth of its cells, hence preventing their spread
- Promotes a Healthy Digestive System by treating many stomach-related problems such as loose motion, abdominal cramps, etc.
Apart from all this, the farmland owners get a Life membership of Triguna Clarks Exotica Resort and many other benefits. Rock climbing, Paintball, mini-golf, clubhouse, and outdoor chess are a few of their international standard amenities. This property aims to give the best of both worlds. A healthy balance between Countryside living and a 5-star resort is their USP.
Also, the farm plots are available at very attractive prices with ZERO interest EMI options. Call 7816999111 for finance details or visit the website. https://trigunacountryhomes.com/